What is ISSUP?
Our vision is to have a connected, trained, knowledgeable, and effective international network of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery professionals undertaking and promoting high-quality, evidence based, and ethical substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support.
Our mission is to establish Substance Use prevention, treatment and recovery support as a unique and multidisciplinary field through the professionalisation and development of its network of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support professionals.
ISSUP’s contribution is informed by science and promotes evidence based, high quality and ethical practice. Learn more about our Code of Ethics.
Solutions and Services
Technology has a central role to play in transforming how substance use professionals connect, communicate, and collaborate. Our website, newsletters, webinars, and social networks are developed to facilitate knowledge sharing and easy access to the latest information from across the sector. We also provide access to research published in Addictology Journal.
We offer professional development support through access to training, education, and opportunities to gain qualifications and credentials.
ISSUP exists for its members and to provide them with relevant tools and opportunities. Membership is free and is offered at four levels to suit different career paths. We do not limit our provision to our members. However, by becoming a member, individuals can access our full range of tools and benefits.
Your membership enables you to:
- Take courses (face-to-face and online) developed by our partners and gain qualifications through the ISSUP Professional Development Hub.
- Create your own member profile and share your work, projects, and events via our website.
- Join regional and topic focused discussion groups.
- Receive our twice monthly Newsletter and get regular event notifications.
- Find national and international networking opportunities.
- Attend annual ISSUP workshops with benefits for members.
- Contact other members using the ISSUP Member Directory.
- Sign up to a code of ethics.
- Get information and resources for students and early career professionals.
Get in touch
To find out more about how we can help you, please email: info [at] issup [dot] net