ISSUP Afghanistan National Chapter invites all the professionals, those aspiring to become professionals, and organisations working in substance use prevention, treatment, recovery and other relevant fields to apply for membership with ISSUP Afghanistan National Chapter.
The membership with ISSUP Afghanistan National Chapter is free and members would declare to act based on the ethical principles of ISSUP.
ISSUP Afghanistan National Chapter membership is considered under the two categories as following:
In order to become a professional member of ISSUP Afghanistan National Chapter, the following criteria need be met:
- Relevant professional qualifications in substance use and prevention related fields like medicine, social work, psychology, public and allied health sciences.
- Working experience for at least one year in drug treatment prevention, recovery, and other relevant fields.
- Intention to receive trainings and seek professional development opportunities in drug treatment and prevention field.
- Three years of consecutive work in substance use prevention, treatment and recovery would be considered equivalent to professional qualifications, mentioned above.
- The members should be involved or seek to be involved to integrated research, standards, policies and practices in the field of drug demand reduction.
- They should be committed to evidence-based and high quality practice in the field.
- For all those who aspire to become professionals in drug demand reduction (DDR)
- All those who are interested to work and contribute in DDR in future
- For those who are committed to contribute in drug dependence treatment and prevention through political, financial, technical support.
- For community leaders, academics, politicians, human right and civil society activists and all those who are perusing relevant goals.