Any person over the age of eighteen years is eligible for membership, subject to the provisions of membership.
Categories of membership:
There are three categories of membership.
The ISSUP Kenya Chapter has membership fee to contribute towards the work of ISSUP Kenya. There is an annual fee and an initial Registration cost.
1. ISSUP Accredited Member
Registration: US$ 40
Annual Renewal: US$ 20
The criteria to be an ISSUP Accredited Member is that you must meet all the following criteria:
- Hold relevant academic or professional qualifications from within the substance use prevention / treatment field, or other closely related health and well-being field. (Medicine, Social work, Psychology, Public health). Plus
- Have at least 5 years significant, relevant, experience of working or volunteering in the substance use prevention / treatment field, or other closely related health and well-being fields. Plus
- Possession of certification/ credentials in substance use prevention / treatment by a recognized body.
2. ISSUP Associate
Registration: US$ 20
Annual Renewal: US$ 10
In order to become an ISSUP Associate Member, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently working in the field of substance use prevention / treatment /recovery, or other related health and well-being fields e.g. teachers, social workers, youth workers, police etc(but not necessarily holding any specific substance use prevention or treatment qualification or credentials). Or
- Undergoing training or professional development in substance use prevention / treatment or other related fields (including university courses, UPC/UTC, other relevant courses). Or
- Hold relevant academic or professional qualifications from within the substance use prevention / treatment field, or other closely related health and well-being fields (Medicine, Social work, Psychology, Public Health) without the pre-requisite experience for any other category of membership.
3. Affiliate Member
Registration: US $5
Annual Renewal: US $5
Individuals not eligible for Accredited or Associate membership but who have an interest in/ or supports the profession.
Benefits & Privileges of membership:
Members of any category are entitled to the following benefits:
- Receive invitations to attend the annual ISSUP event with member benefits.
- Access to news of relevant job opportunities.
- Opportunity to network with other professionals in the field.
- Entry into ISSUP’s unique list of Substance Use Prevention, Treatment and Recovery members.
- Certificate of membership reflecting your status as an ISSUP Member.
- Participate in the Society’s decision making process.
For more information about joining or membership contact: