ISSUP Pakistan is registered as a non-government organization (NGO) with the Directorate of Social Welfare & Bait-ul-Maal under The Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies Registration & Control Ordinance 1961.
ISSUP Pakistan vision is to build an effective national network of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery professionals and to promote high-quality, evidence-based, and ethical substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support as well as promote educational reforms in the field of SUD in the community.
ISSUP Pakistan aims to establish and maintain a multidisciplinary network of SUD professionals and provide evidence-based substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support through its network of professionals in the field.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- To build a multidisciplinary and effective network of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support professionals
- To promote educational reforms for the substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support professionals
- To recognize issues concerning drug abuse and its prevention
- To enhance the ethical and evidence-base practice in the field of SUD in Pakistan
- To develop policies and establish evidence-based, high quality and ethical practices for substance use prevention, treatment and recovery
- To professionalize the treatment, prevention and recovery support workforce in Pakistan
- To develop and deliver knowledge systems for evidence-based prevention, treatment and recovery support.
- To raise awareness regarding the effects of substance use and its prevention
- To provide access to training, education and credentialing opportunities
Ms. Saima Asghar Social Worker, Director ISSUP Pakistan
Ms. Ayesha Bashir Clinical Psychologist
it include psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. under our emotions
Support given to help meet the mental, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of patients and their families.
It consists of methods used to respond to both the reality and perception of crises, identify the triggers and working on the cognition