Whether you are at the start of your career or are already an experienced practitioner there is an ISSUP membership for you.
We offer a choice of four categories of membership. If you know which level you would like to apply for, please click here to start your application.
All members must accept ISSUP’s ethical principles.
For those studying, attending an educational institution, or training in any drug demand reduction related discipline. Upon graduation or completion of training you can upgrade to become a Regular or Professional member.
For interested, non-professional applicants (can include volunteers, family members, community organisers, or non-accredited members).
Apply for this level of membership if you are:
- Engaged in a specified role within the field of substance use prevention, treatment, or recovery support.
- Hold a related professional qualification/credential/certification or have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in that role.
This includes professions such as:
- Social workers
- Religious leaders
- Medical professionals
- Youth workers
- Community workers
Drug Demand Reduction Professional Membership
This level of membership is for those who have specific qualifications, expertise and experience directly linked to the drug demand reduction field.
Applicants should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- A minimum of 5 years significant and relevant experience working in the field of drug demand reduction (Prevention, Treatment or Recovery Support)
- Demonstrate a specific professional qualification in a field that is directly related to drug demand reduction as one of its fundamental purposes
- Demonstrate completion of internationally recognised training relevant to drug demand reduction
- Hold relevant qualifications/credentials related to substance use disorder prevention, treatment, and recovery support