Join drug demand reduction professionals from Europe and around the world for five days of plenary sessions, workshops, training sessions, networking, exhibits, culture and community.
1st – 5th July 2019
Vienna International Centre, Austria
Registration fee: €75
Registration will close on June 7th, 2019 - 12 pm CET
Contact: events [at] issup [dot] net
The conference will bring together national and international experts in drug prevention, treatment and care and will feature a broad range of topics and formats. These will include all-day training workshops, keynote speakers in plenary sessions, a regional meeting for European universities that are providing or interested in delivering addiction education, and a two-day refresher course and chance to take an exam to receive credentials.
The conference will include keynote sessions on:
- Genetics and neurobiology
- Prevention and treatment innovations
- Prevention and treatment systems
- Social determinants
- Law enforcement, criminal justice and health cooperation
- Overdose prevention
- Special populations
Our international partners will provide evidence-based and high-quality training in the following areas:
- Family-based prevention
- School-based prevention
- Media-based prevention
- Prevention interventions in Europe
- Counselling skills for addiction professionals
- Policy-maker training in nature, prevention and treatment of drug use disorders
- Treating adolescents with substance use disorders
- Community anti-drug coalitions
- Children's substance use prevention and treatment
- Motivational interviewing skills
- Advanced clinical skills and crisis management
- Drug-free workplace
Meet the leaders in the field from around the globe, across the field and at all stages of their careers. Take advantage of a vast array of topics and training opportunities while getting the chance to share ideas, research and experiences in drug prevention, treatment and care.
The connections you make at the conference will strengthen your work, the field and the global drug demand reduction community.
Don't miss out and secure your place today!
If you have any questions regarding the event, please contact events [at] issup [dot] net
Who should attend?
Anyone working in the field of drug demand reduction – whether this is their full responsibility, or part of a wider-ranging health, policy, education, research or welfare focused role.