With support from ISSUP Global, ISSUP South Africa is excited to announce its first Virtual Conference on Drug Demand Reduction in Africa - Prevention, Treatment and Epidemiology, which will be convened online through a series of six plenary sessions beginning September 16, 2020, through to November 10, 2020.
ISSUP South Africa is excited to partner not only with ISSUP Global, but also with the African Union Commission, South African National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (SANCA), Department of Social Development, Republic of South Africa (DSD), Organization of American States Inter-American Drug Abuse Control Commission (OAS/CICAD), and the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL).
The Drug Demand Reduction in Africa Virtual Conference will bring together national and international experts in the field of substance use prevention, treatment, and epidemiology to provide presentations on a broad range of related topics, including:
- Continental Perspective of Drug Use in Africa
- African Union Plan of Action on Drug Control and Crime Prevention (2019-2023)
- Global Perspective of Drug Use Worldwide
- Global Initiatives by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL)
- Regional Perspective of Drug Use in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Evidence-Based Prevention Policy and Practice
- Treatment and Recovery
- Epidemiology and its Role in Drug Demand Reduction
The event will be held in English, simultaneous interpretation will be provided in Spanish, Portuguese, French and Arabic.