Dr Sandeep Bhola has worked in the drug demand reduction field for the past 12 years. Over his career, Sandeep has worked alongside government and non-government organisations as a trainer, and advisor overseeing a range of projects
His achievements include:
- Coordinating, alongside the state prisons department, a de-addiction programme in the Central Jail, Kapurthala.
- Acting as Nodal Officer in a Methadone Maintenance Therapy pilot project.
- Working as a technical expert for the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals for the assessment of Opioid Substitution Therapy Clinic and for the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals for the assessment of Integrated Rehabilitation Centres for Addicts
- Developing guidelines for the functioning of the Rehabilitation centres in the state.
- Supporting the establishment of several de-addiction facilities
- Working as a master trainer & technical advisor to the Government of Punjab