Apply for ISSUP membership
By becoming a member, you will join an international network of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support professionals undertaking and promoting high-quality, evidence based, and ethical practice for the benefit of all.
Membership is free and offered at four levels to suit everyone from experienced professionals to students, volunteers, or anyone with an active interest in this field.
What we offer
Our membership structure is designed to enable ISSUP members to maintain relevant knowledge and experience, to create opportunities for training, and to offer a range of tools for networking and sharing knowledge across the international drug demand reduction workforce.
We are always refining features and adding to the benefits available to our members.
Your membership enables you to:
- Take courses (face-to-face and online) developed by our partners and gain qualifications through the ISSUP Professional Development Hub.
- Create your own member profile and share your work, projects, and events via our website.
- Join regional and topic focused discussion groups.
- Receive our twice monthly Newsletter and get regular event notifications.
- Find national and international networking opportunities.
- Attend annual ISSUP workshops with benefits for members.
- Contact other members using the ISSUP Member Directory.
- Sign up to a code of ethics.
- Get information and resources for students and early career professionals.
To apply for ISSUP Membership, please complete an online application.
Membership Criteria and Levels
See the full criteria for joining ISSUP including guidance on the categories of membership that we offer.
Our greatest strength is the commitment of our members to upholding and promoting the highest standards of practice. Learn more about the ISSUP Code of Ethics and what it means to be a member.
The ISSUP website for members:
View the profiles of others and directly contact other members.
Members can share their news, research or events in the Knowledge Share section.
By joining you will have access to the ‘Membership’ area of the website, to create your own profile.
Online forums for members will allow for professional dialogue across the world.