ISSUP Pakistan is registered as a non-government organization (NGO) with the Directorate of Social Welfare & Bait-ul-Maal under The Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies Registration & Control Ordinance 1961.
ISSUP Pakistan vision is to build an effective national network of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery professionals and to promote high-quality, evidence-based, and ethical substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support as well as promote educational reforms in the field of SUD in the community.
ISSUP Pakistan aims to establish and maintain a multidisciplinary network of SUD professionals and provide evidence-based substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support through its network of professionals in the field.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- To build a multidisciplinary and effective network of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support professionals
- To promote educational reforms for the substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support professionals
- To recognize issues concerning drug abuse and its prevention
- To enhance the ethical and evidence-base practice in the field of SUD in Pakistan
- To develop policies and establish evidence-based, high quality and ethical practices for substance use prevention, treatment and recovery
- To professionalize the treatment, prevention and recovery support workforce in Pakistan
- To develop and deliver knowledge systems for evidence-based prevention, treatment and recovery support.
- To raise awareness regarding the effects of substance use and its prevention
- To provide access to training, education and credentialing opportunities
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT - ISSUP PAKISTAN
I am honored and humble to be elected as President of ISSUP Pakistan. On behalf of ISSUP Pakistan, I would like to thank all of you for giving us the opportunity to serve our community. ISSUP Pakistan was established to support and carry forward evidence-based prevention, treatment and recovery practices and initiatives promoted by Global ISSUP and to share it with organizations and individuals working on drug demand reduction in Pakistan. ISSUP Pakistan aims to address the growing issue of substance use in Pakistan by establishing a platform of professional individuals and organizations working in the field of substance use treatment, recovery and prevention. This platform will be utilized to share international standards of evidence-based treatment and prevention practices, events and workshops. Research will be conducted to educate members under this platform and also to gather data on the current situation of treatment and prevention practices in Pakistan.
ISSUP Pakistan aims to play an imperative role in the field of substance use disorders through best efforts for making a society drugs free. I see a true need to accelerate the pace of our work because of the escalating prevalence of drug abuse in Pakistan. In order to address this escalating major health challenge that threatens health and economies alike, it is important to include partnerships with different stakeholders in the country at all levels.
I personally request to all national, international NGO’s, CBO’s and all stakeholders to join hands with ISSUP Pakistan in this vital mission for a healthier tomorrow.
I would like to thank all drug demand reduction professionals, ISSUP Pakistan directors and members for their valuable and tremendous support.
Bashir Ahmed Naz
President - ISSUP Pakistan