The Global Centre for Credentialing and Certification (GCCC) will be offering all ICAP Exams to qualified candidates on 14 May 2022 at 18:00 and on 16 May 2022 at 09:00 and 15:30.
Examination fee: USD100 (+ bank transfer fees). Professionals in the Drug Demand Reduction field who meet the criteria for Global Centre for Credentialing and Certification (GCCC) Examinations will have the opportunity to take one of the following exams at the Conference in Abu Dhabi:
- International Certified Addiction Professional-Treatment I (ICAP-Tx I)
- International Certified Addiction Professional-Treatment II (ICAP-Tx II)
- International Certified Addiction Professional-Treatment III (ICAP-Tx III)
- International Certified Addiction Professional-Treatment IV (ICAP-Tx IV)
- International Certified Addiction Professional-Prevention (ICAP-P)
- International Certified Addiction Professional-Recovery Support ICAP (ICAP-RS)
For more information on the exams, click here.
What are the minimum criteria to take the exam?
The criteria to take the exam are outlined here
When does the exam take place?
Exams may be scheduled for 14 May 2022 at 18:00 or 16 May 2022 at 09:00 or 15:30.
How will the exam be offered?
The exam will be offered in a paper and pencil form.
What languages are available for the exams?
In addition to English, all exams will be available in:
- French (Africa)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Is there a Refresher Course?
Yes, a 4 day Refresher Course will be offered free of charge prior to the exam on May 16, 2022. The course acts like a study guide and provides a review of the material presented in the Complete Universal Treatment Curriculum Basic series to prepare candidates for taking the ICAP I examination.
How do I apply for the exam?
ALL applicants must submit their application through the GCCC Customer Portal here beginning on 1 February with a deadline of 15 March for the review of qualifications. In addition to the application, the following can be uploaded at the site.
- Detailed CV of the candidate highlighting the highest education qualification and major subject of the highest education qualification (Copy of the certificate is compulsory)
- A letter from the supervisor confirming professional experience OR a labor contract (for ICAP-Prevention)
- Narrative description of the most recent work experience in prevention, treatment and/or recovery support
- Certified true copy of the certificate/diploma of highest education qualification
- Certified true copies of relevant training including all training certificates and/or transcripts
- Certified true copies of other relevant Diplomas/ University certificates
ALL applications must be submitted through the GCCC portal (no hand-written forms or emailed documents will be accepted). Filling all sections of the Application Form and submitting the required supporting documentation through the GCCC Customer Portal are compulsory prerequisites for application review and GCCC will reject incomplete applications.