The online conference took place from 12th May –18th May of 2022, showcasing the substance use situation and the responses around the world.
Throughout this week-long event, an international audience of more than 2,000 substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery-support professionals came together in person, and an additional 700 + participants joined virtually to exchange knowledge and practices focused on promoting healthy lifestyles.
There were 155 hours of online content, including:
Live broadcast of our conference in Abu Dhabi
- 77 Country Reports, detailing the current state of drug use and the responses by their country’s government and/or civil society networks.
- 25 National Chapters showcasing their work and discussing issues of importance related to substance use disorder prevention, treatment, and recovery support in their country.
- 38 Researchers, sharing their research and evidence-based practice and policies.
- 17 Partner Profiles, introducing their missions, programs, and resources to support the workforce and activities.
- 08 Voices of ISSUP: members sharing their inspiring stories of work within the drug demand reduction field.
- 09 sessions -NRC –workshop series
- 700 + members interacting in our Networking Lounge, a place created to interact and connect.
Recordings of the Country Reports, National Chapters, Partner Profiles and Voices of ISSUP will become available over the coming days. Stay tuned!