Aller au contenu principal
Pakistan Country Profile
- Pakistan has a joint policy for alcohol, drug abuse and mental health
- The Pakistan government supports treatment and rehabilitation for people with SUD
- Pakistan has specialist drug courts to monitor the narcotics situation in Pakistan
- In order to ensure evidence based treatment is being provided at rehabilitation centres donor-funded “train-the-trainer” educate professionals dealing with addicts about best practice.
- There are inpatient and outpatient medical detoxification services for drug abuse.
- Pharmacotherapy is available for alcohol withdrawal and opioid dependency
- There is limited institutional capacity to serve women
- Mass media programmes are implemented to prevent SUD in Pakistan
- Both community and school based programmes are provided to help raise awareness and provide support
- In terms of harm reduction Pakistan provides needle exchange programmes
- There are restrictions for on-/off-premise sales of alcoholic and on alcohol sales and advertisement
- NGOs are involved in drug prevention through delivering awareness campaigns particularly targeting youths, teachers and vulnerable members of the community.
- Eradication of poppy cultivation.
- Alternative options to poppy cultivation offered to farmers.