ISSUP Lebanon has been established to pursue the mission and vision of ISSUP in Lebanon. It will be undertaking work to help translate the mission and vision into practice.
It is hosted by Mentor Arabia Foundation.
Who is Mentor Arabia?
Mentor Arabia is a regional non-profit organization aiming at empowering Arab children and youth to lead healthy lives and make sound decision. Mentor Arabia is the regional office of Mentor International, based in Stockholm, and headed by Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden. Mentor branches spread from the US to Lithuania, Latvia, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, and the Arab World.
Mentor Arabia implements its vision through policies, capacity development, advocacy, knowledge, and partnerships.
An Arab World where children and youth are empowered to lead healthy lives and make sound decisions.
To empower Arab children and youth to prevent them from risky behaviors through policies, capacity development, advocacy, knowledge, and partnerships.
Mentor Arabia & ISSUP collaborate to prevent drug & substance abuse in Lebanon
Mentor Arabia, a non-governmental association with a mission to empower Arab children and to prevent them from risky behaviors and drug use, along with ISSUP, are collaborating to cascade preventive measures across Lebanon.
The National Chapter of ISSUP in the Republic of Lebanon aims to:
- Raise awareness and encourage membership of ISSUP in Lebanon
- Recognize and promote the national community of professionals in substance use prevention
- Share knowledge by conducting training sessions to prevention professionals in the region
- Create a network of drug prevention professionals in Lebanon
- Share findings from research conducted in Lebanon in regards to prevention and substance use