Care Specialists are Master’s-level trained behavioral health clinicians skilled at guiding people seeking treatment to a local, qualified drug and alcohol treatment provider. Care Specialists engage inbound callers through a structured clinical intervention based in motivational interviewing techniques and help those seeking treatment commit to same- or next-day evaluations with a treatment provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be able and ready during shift to receive high volume of inbound calls
- Utilize skills and training from Vital Decisions to deliver a brief, single session, structured clinical intervention applying a structured clinical protocol
- Empathically guide and build partnership and motivation with treatment seekers
- Demonstrate capacity to motivate treatment seekers to commit to same day or next evaluations at a qualified treatment provider
- Utilize technology and networked resources to schedule evaluations for those seeking treatment
- Timely and thorough documentation of all activity in Microsoft CRM database/electronic record. Ability to multi–task i.e., (type and speak at the same time).
- Effectively handle crisis situations by demonstrating ability to conduct safety assessment and make determinations on referral for other services
- Deliver high quality, respectful, empowering interactions with treatment seekers at all times
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Addictions Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy
- 2+ years of work experience in clinical/behavior change setting required
- 1+ years working directly with individuals, families or couples providing goal oriented, behavioral change interventions required
- Experience in drug and alcohol treatment settings preferred
- Experience in patient empowerment models; familiarity with motivational interviewing required
- Experience delivering measureable, outcome based clinical interventions in fast-paced environment
- Telephonic care delivery experience preferred
Inbound call center experience beneficial
- Experience assessing for and managing safety during crisis situations required.
Travel is not required for this position. This position is 100% remote / work-from-home.