The International Society of Substance Use Professionals (ISSUP) is excited to add a Front-End Web Developer to our small, UK-based team to support and expand the ISSUP website and develop a cross-platform mobile app.
ISSUP is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation that supports the professional development of a globally connected substance use prevention, treatment and recovery workforce. ISSUP provides networking opportunities, offers a gateway to training and serves as an online access point (www.issup.net) for information from the field of drug demand reduction. ISSUP’s approach is informed by evidence-based, high-quality and ethical practice.
Salary: up to £32,000 dependent upon experience and expertise
Full time, UK based working from home
If you are interested, we ask you to provide a full CV including 2 referees and a supporting letter of application which demonstrates your ability to meet the elements identified in this Job Profile.
Closing date for applications: 13th of December, 2019
Interviews will take place 9th & 10th of January, 2020
Applications to be sent by email to: kirsty [dot] fitzpatrick [at] issup [dot] net
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss the position/organisation, please email Jack Tonkin (Senior Website Developer) at jack [dot] tonkin [at] issup [dot] net
We urge you to get in touch, or take a chance and apply, even if you feel some elements of the job description are not within your experience, or immediate knowledge! Please outline which elements of the job description you feel more or less confident in, as professional development is available for areas where you feel less assured.
We welcome applications from any individual who consider themselves to be…
- With a sense of humour
…who is a competent front-end web developer with experience in:
- HTML 5, jQuery, SASS
- Building content-managed websites and/or cross-platform mobile applications
- Consuming REST APIs
- Source code management, preferably with Git
…ideally with specific experience of one or more of the following:
- Front-end development for decoupled Drupal
- Mobile app development using PhoneGap, Weex, Ionic or similar tools
- Submitting mobile applications to the App Store and/or Google Play Store
…and who is able to:
- Work from home, and manage their time independently
- Travel to regular meetings in Loughborough or Leicester
- Willing and able to operate as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Communicate with non-technical team members
- Work outside of normal working hours if and when the job demands
- Travel internationally if the job demands