What is ISSUP?
The International Society of Substance Use Prevention and Treatment Professionals (ISSUP) is a global, not for profit, non-governmental organisation to supporting the development of a professional drug demand reduction workforce.
It is a free, international, membership organisation, bringing together the range of workers from the prevention, treatment and recovery fields to inform, connect and strengthen their research, practice and policy making. You can join now for free!
ISSUP’s contribution is informed by science and research, promoting evidence based, high quality and ethical approaches and practice to substance use prevention, treatment and recovery care. It does this in 3 ways:
- Digitally through its unique website, social media and newsletters; providing online networking, access to up to date knowledge, resources and training.
- Locally via our National Chapters, delivering our mission within their countries, and
- At events online and in person, providing conferences, networking and training opportunities around the world.
Watch this animation to learn about our vision, mission and aims.
A connected, trained, knowledgeable, and effective international network of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery professionals undertaking and promoting high-quality, evidence based, and ethical substance use prevention, treatment & recovery support.
To establish Substance Use prevention, treatment and recovery support as a unique and multidisciplinary field through the professionalisation and development of its network of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support professionals.
- Represent the international and national communities of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support professionals
- Develop and deliver knowledge systems for evidence-based prevention, treatment and recovery support
- Provide opportunities for and access to training, education, and credentials/qualifications
- Offer communication and networking opportunities taking place online and at ISSUP events