So What’s the Knowledge Share All About?
ISSUP promotes effective and evidence-based practice through the exchange of knowledge on its website. ISSUP’s website features a Knowledge Share section that provides users with the latest insights from the fields of substance use prevention and treatment.
The Knowledge Share forms a significant part of the organisation’s online presence.
The section’s content is organised into four key areas:
- News: Recent news items of value to people who work or share an interest in the field of substance use disorders, particularly prevention and/or treatment.
- Resources: Tools to help in practice such as lesson plans, information leaflets, websites and more.
- Publications: Details on new books and other recently published works in the field available to either buy or download.
- Research: Jargon-free summaries of the latest scientific research relating to the treatment and/or prevention of substance use disorders. This section also provides links through which people can access more extensive journal abstracts and, occasionally, full articles.
These areas can be further sub-categorised by theme, country or affiliated organisation.
How to Create a Knowledge Share Post
We are keen to encourage ISSUP members to offer their own insights, creating a virtual hub alive with conversation in which many different voices can be heard, listened to, and learned from.
- To create a knowledge share post you must be an ISSUP member and you must be logged in.
- Enter the knowledge share section of the website and follow the post here link.
- Select the area of content you wish to post.
- Fill out the form with the details of the content. You can select an image to upload or insert links to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Once you have saved your post a member of the ISSUP team will review and publish it. We aim to do this within 7 days.
We are always here to help! Email us at info [at] issup [dot] net if you have any further questions.