This publication provides an update on drug-related deaths in Europe, presenting and analysing the latest data and trends in drug-induced deaths and overall mortality among high-risk drug users in the European Union and beyond.
It draws on contributions from specialists representing more than 40 countries at the latest meeting of the EMCDDA expert network on drug-related deaths in November 2018 as well as information provided by European countries in the annual reporting exercise.
- Introduction and objective of this report
- Overdose deaths in Europe: Comparisons and causes
- Overall mortality: Insights from cohort studies
- Responding to drug-related deaths
- The way forward: Exploring complementary sources