The International Society of Substance Use Prevention and Treatment Professionals (ISSUP) invites you to join. Membership is free!! Apply today and begin to receive the benefits outlined below.
There are two levels of membership:
- Standard Member
- Advanced Member
Criteria for joining ISSUP:
In order to become a Standard Member, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- professional or voluntary work in the field of substance use prevention / treatment, or other related health and well-being fields eg teachers, social workers, youth workers, police etc (but not necessarily holding any specific substance use prevention or treatment qualification or credential).
- undergoing training or professional development in substance use prevention / treatment or other related fields (including university courses, UPC/UTC, other relevant courses)
- working towards a qualification or credential in substance use prevention / treatment or other related fields
In order to become an Advanced Member, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- hold relevant qualifications/credentials from within the substance use prevention / treatment field, or other closely related health and well-being fields
- undertaken training in UPC or UTC
- have at least 5 years significant, relevant, recent experience of working or volunteering in the substance use prevention / treatment field, or other closely related health and well-being fields
All ISSUP Associates and Members must accept ISSUP’s ethical principles.
Benefits of membership:
- Being signed up to a code of ethics which demonstrates your professionalism
- Ability to demonstrate membership within a professional field of work
- Share your work or know how within our Knowledge Share
- Receive invitations to attend the annual ISSUP event with member benefits
- Use the ISSUP logo as part of your CV/professional profile
- Access to news of relevant job opportunities
- Opportunity to network with other professionals in the field
- Entry into ISSUP’s unique list of Substance Use Prevention and Treatment members
The ISSUP website for members:
View the profiles of others and directly contact other members.
Members can share their news, research or events in the Knowledge Share section.
By joining you will have access to the ‘Membership’ area of the website, to create your own profile.
Online forums for members will allow for professional dialogue across the world.
Apply now!! Complete the online application form and after a review by our membership committee you will be informed about your ISSUP membership.