ISSUP Nigeria’s Vision
A united, trained, skilled, knowledgeable and effective national network of substance use prevention, treatment, recovery and research professionals undertaking and promoting high quality evidence-based substance use prevention, treatment, recovery through practice and policies.
Our Mission is to facilitate and develop a multidisciplinary network of core and allied professionals in the field of substance use prevention, treatment, recovery and policy for evidence-based, high quality and ethical practices.
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the organisation are to:
- Support and build capacity of substance use research, prevention, treatment and recovery professionals for effective and efficient service delivery
- Collaborate, build positive relationship with government, local and international organizations towards effective drug control in Nigeria
- Promote and support professional information sharing, evidence-based, high quality, ethical policy and practice in substance use prevention, treatment and recovery.
- Provide the potential for contributions towards substance use prevention, treatment and recovery by engaging local communities and allied professionals to address specific drug issues within an environment
- Do such acts and things as may be necessary and or incidental to the aforesaid aims and objectives and as may be agreed to be taken up by the governing board from time to time
ISSUP Nigeria Chapter is governed by 17 member national Executive Council with the president as the head. The executive council is under the supervision of the Board of Trustees for checks and balances. The executive council is responsible for the day to day activities and decision making for the association. Each executive member is assigned specific responsibilities. The team cut across different disciplines and areas of operation. The offices include zonal coordinators representing each of the six (6) geo political zones of Nigeria.
The Executive Council and Members Board of Trustees of ISSUP Nigeria Chapter
- Dr. Martin O. Agwogie - National President and Member Board of Trustees
- Prof. Ibrahim W. Abdu - Vice President and Member Board of Trustees
- Pro. Musa A. Wakil - Chairman Board of Trustees
- Prof. Isidore I. Obot - Member Board of Trustees
- Dr. (Mrs.) Taiwo A. Adamson - Member Board of Trustees
- Prof. Gboyega E. Abikoye - General Secretary and Member Board of Trustees
- Mr. Ejikeme McBishop Ogueji - Assistant General Secretary
- Dr. Auwal S. Salihu - North West Zonal Coordinator and Member Board of Trustees
- Prof. Suwa G. Goar - North Central Zonal Coordinator and Member Board of Trustees
- Dr. (Mrs.) Olajumoke Koyejo - South West Zonal Coordinator and Member Board of Trustees
- Prof. Michael Ezenwa - South East Zonal Coordinator
- Ms. Uchechi C. Onukogu - South South Zonal Coordinator
- Dr. Bawo O. James - Publicity Secretary/Mobilisation
- Mr. Ibe Christogonus - Assistant Publicity Secretary/Mobilisation
- Dr. (Mrs.) Margaret Akogun - Financial Secretary
- Mr. Peter A. Adenibuyan - Asst. Financial Secretary
- Mr. Ikenna D. Molobe - Treasurer and Member Board of Trustees
- Mrs. Miriam M. Adeyemi – National Auditor
- Dr. Ignatius N. Ijere - Diaspora Liaison
- Barr. Daniel O. Omotilewa - Legal Adviser and Member Board of Trustees