The International Society of Substance Use Professionals (ISSUP) is excited to add a Front-End Web Developer to our small, UK-based team to support and expand the ISSUP website and develop a cross-platform mobile app.
ISSUP is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation that supports the professional development of a globally connected substance use prevention, treatment and recovery workforce. ISSUP provides networking opportunities, offers a gateway to training and serves as an online access point (www.issup.net) for information from the field of drug demand reduction. ISSUP’s approach is informed by evidence-based, high-quality and ethical practice.
Salary: up to £32,000 dependent upon experience and expertise
Full time, UK based working from home
If you are interested, we ask you to provide a full CV including 2 referees and a supporting letter of application which demonstrates your ability to meet the elements identified in this Job Profile.
Closing date for applications: 10th of January, 2020
Interviews will take place: End of January 2020
Applications to be sent by email to: kirsty [dot] fitzpatrick [at] issup [dot] net
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss the position/organisation, please email Jack Tonkin (Senior Website Developer) at jack [dot] tonkin [at] issup [dot] net
We urge you to get in touch, or take a chance and apply, even if you feel some elements of the job description are not within your experience, or immediate knowledge! Please outline which elements of the job description you feel more or less confident in, as professional development is available for areas where you feel less assured.
We welcome applications from any individual who consider themselves to be…
- With a sense of humour
…who is a competent front-end web developer with experience in:
- HTML 5, jQuery, SASS
- Building content-managed websites and/or cross-platform mobile applications
- Consuming REST APIs
- Source code management, preferably with Git
…ideally with specific experience of one or more of the following:
- Front-end development for decoupled Drupal
- Mobile app development using PhoneGap, Weex, Ionic or similar tools
- Submitting mobile applications to the App Store and/or Google Play Store
…and who is able to:
- Work from home, and manage their time independently
- Travel to regular meetings in Loughborough or Leicester
- Willing and able to operate as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Communicate with non-technical team members
- Work outside of normal working hours if and when the job demands
- Travel internationally if the job demands
The Front-End Web Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining components of the ISSUP website and app, from layout to function and according to the Workplan as agreed by the Chief Executive Director. Working closely with the whole ISSUP team the Front-End Developer will strive to create visually appealing sites and apps that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
Description of Work
- Contribute to the design and specification of secure, efficient and easy-to-deploy websites and data-driven applications
- Maintain and support existing web applications and infrastructure
- Develop website features (such as animations or surveys) using front-end technologies
- Develop a cross-platform mobile application using web technologies
- Work with the Senior Website Developer, Website Designer and ISSUP team to:
- Contribute to the overall design process
- Create pages and views that appeal to the tastes of ISSUP members
- Design and implement easy-to-use templates and interfaces
- Consider accessibility, usability and performance in the implementation of designs targeting mobile and desktop devices
- Test the components, functionality and integration of web applications
- Test applications on supported browsers and devices
Analytics and Reporting:
- Assist with preparing reports from analytics data as required
- Handle Membership and website user data with appropriate sensitivity and security.
IT Support & Resources:
- Advise and Support ISSUP colleagues in respect to IT needs & competencies
- Assist with management of website hosting and deployment infrastructure
- Manage mobile application build and distribution process and infrastructure
- Contribute to the development of the Workplan and website deliverables
- Work with the ISSUP team to achieve website deliverables and deadlines
- Regularly review progress against the Workplan with the Senior Website Developer
- Attend ISSUP meetings virtually and in person
- Carry out other tasks from time to time as required by the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director or Senior Website Developer
We look forward to hearing from you.