The UN Interagency Task Force on the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases (UNIATF) is calling for nominations for the UNIATF Award for achievements in the area of multisectoral action in the prevention and control of NCDs and the NCD-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The call for nominations is now OPEN until 31 March 2019.
Nominations should demonstrate an outstanding contribution to multisectoral action in the prevention and control of NCDs and the NCD-related SDGs at a local, national, regional or global level.
Reasons for nominations may include:
- Demonstrating outstanding leadership
- Mobilising resources, knowledge or expertise
- Overcoming significant obstacles
- Advancing or creating new and innovative activities
- Being an exemplar for others.
Winners will be selected by a committee consisting of WHO NCD directors in the six regional offices and a subset of Task Force members and awards will be announced after 1 May 2019.