Research suggests methamphetamine use is higher amongst Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders compared to non-Indigenous Australians.
The purpose of this review is to provide an overview of the key information on the use of methamphetamines among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australia.
The review provides general information on the context of methamphetamine use by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people including the historical, social and cultural contexts.
The publication covers:
- Key Facts
- Factors contributing to methamphetamine use in Australia
- The extent of methamphetamine use and misuse in Australia
- Health impacts of methamphetamine use
- Social impacts of methamphetamine use
- Responses to methamphetamine use
- Policies and strategies