The Addiction Unit of the University Psychiatric Clinic, belonging to the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Chile and the Clinical Hospital of the University of Chile presented a seminar on prevention of drug use: challenges and experiences in times of pandemic.
- Gregor Burkhart, European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA)
- Patricia Ros, Icelandic Centre for Research and Social Analysis (ICSRA)
- Diego García-Huidobro. Faculty of Medicine. Pontifical Catholic University of Chile.
- Alexander Chacón, Head of Prevention and Promotion of the National Service for the Prevention and Rehabilitation of Drug and Alcohol Use (SENDA)
- Viviana Guajardo, Department of Medicine, University of Chile
- Carlos Ibáñez, Department of Medicine, University of Chile
- Nicolás Libuy, Department of Medicine, University of Chile
Moderator: Lorena Contreras E., University Psychiatric Clinic, University of Chile and President of ISSUP-Chile
During the pandemic's confinement, each person has had to look for the best way to deal with this period of uncertainty. In relation to substance use, for some this stage of social isolation has become a protective factor of consumption, while for others it has been a source of stressors that affect mental health and increase the risk of substance use. In this context, prevention becomes urgently needed.
This seminar, aimed at technicians and professionals working in the field of substance use prevention, seeks to strengthen work with a view of the context and challenges of the current pandemic.
This activity has been organized by the prevention team of the Addiction Unit of the University Psychiatric Clinic, belonging to the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Chile and the Clinical Hospital of the University of Chile.
It is part of the FONIS Project No. SA19I0152 of ANID (Chilean National Research and Development Agency) and is sponsored by the Chilean Chapter of ISSUP (International Society of Professionals for the Prevention and Treatment of Drug Addiction