Opening of new International Master Programme in Addictions (IMPA) in Prague (in English)
ISSUP Czech Republic presents their webinar on the new International Master Programme in Addictions (IMPA) in Prague (in English).
Do you want to improve your clinical skills and learn effective management and coordination in the field of addiction policy? Are you interested in the influence of legal and illegal drugs on a person’s behaviour, development, health, and role in society? Are you interested in public health and mental health problems associated with legal and illegal substance use? Then studying International Master Programme in Addictions (IMPA) in English is just for you!
What we offer?
- Core clinical skills
- Management and coordination skills
- Transdisciplinary theoretical and practical competencies for prevention, harm reduction, and treatment of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal substance use and behavioural addictions
- In particular, emphasis is placed on practical skills for working with people with substance use disorders
- Instruction led by leading international experts in the addiction sciences
What career opportunities are available?
- Clinical counselling practice, healthcare and social services
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment services, therapeutic communities, aftercare services for people with addiction
- Substance use prevention
- Harm reduction services for people who use drugs
- Management of drug services
- Public health and mental health sectors
Prof, PhDr Michal Miovský, PhD
Profesor Miovsky is a clinical psychologist, psychotherapist and head of the Department of Addictology of First Faculty of Medicine of Charles University and General University Hospital in Prague. Since 2008, he has been the Vice-Dean of the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University in Prague for non-medical study programmes. He is an external collaborator of the National Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addictions and editor of the professional journal Adiktologie.
Adam Kulhánek, PhD, MBA
Adam is a researcher, clinician and a university teacher of the Department of Addictology of First Faculty of Medicine of Charles University and General University Hospital in Prague. His professional focus is on the topic of smoking and tobacco dependence in the areas of prevention, treatment, research and education. He is the head of the Centre for Research and Prevention of Tobacco Use at the Clinic of Addiction Medicine of the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University in Prague. Currently, he is mainly involved in research on so-called new tobacco products, i.e. electronic cigarettes and heated tobacco. Currently he is leading the new International Master Programme in Addictions (IMPA).
Webinars and online events delivered and hosted by the International Society of Substance Use Professionals (ISSUP) are provided for informational purposes only. They are educational in nature and do not constitute medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.