ISSUP The Gambia would like to invite you to their launch event followed by a webinar on Community Resilience in Substance Use.
Time: 5PM UTC | 6PM BST| 1PM EST | 10AM PST
To cultivate a dynamic team of substance use professionals equipped with the right knowledge and skills to undertake evidence-based substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery support initiatives in the Gambia in line with ISSUP’s vision and mission.
- Welcome Remarks - Mamudou Jallow, General Secretary, ISSUP Gambia National Chapter
- Messaging from the Government of The Gambia - Drug Law Enforcement Agency of The Gambia
- Remarks from INL - William McGlynn, INL
- Remarks from ISSUP Global - Livia Edegger, Deputy Director, ISSUP Global
- Welcome Videos from ISSUP National Chapters
- Message from the ISSUP Gambia National Chapter - Alasana Drammeh, Executive Director, ISSUP Gambia National Chapter
- Summary of the Launch event - Mamudou Jallow
Community Resilience in Substance Use Management Webinar:
- Drug Law Enforcement Agency of The Gambia
- Coumba Mathurin Diop, UNODC Gambia Office
- Youth Speaker - Gibril Njie, Third Year Nursing Student, University of The Gambia
- “The impact of substance use disorders on the family, its coping mechanisms, recovery issues, and interventions that can be implemented.” - Vivienne Evans, CEO, Adfam
- "What is the African Union is doing to help member countries in the areas of drug prevention, treatment, and recovery" - Abel Basutu, Senior Drug Control Officer, Social Affairs Department, The African Union
- Question & Answer Session
Webinars and online events delivered and hosted by the International Society of Substance Use Professionals (ISSUP) are provided for informational purposes only. They are educational in nature and do not constitute medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.