The Second Plenary Session of the 'Drug Demand Reduction in Africa: Prevention, Treatment and Epidemiology' Virtual Conference from 16th September to 10th November 2020.
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 pm SA
Plenary Chair: David Bayever, ISSUP South Africa
1. What Constitutes Evidence-Based Prevention?
- Jeff Lee - Senior Consultant, ISSUP Global
2. Prevention Standards
- Giovanna Campello - Chief, Prevention, Treatment and Rehabilitation Section, UNODC
3. Media-Based Prevention Programmes
- William D. Crano - Oskamp Professor of Social Psychology, Division of Behavioral and Organizational Science, Claremont Graduate University, USA
4. Alcohol Use Prevention (data on alcohol use and environmental prevention initiatives)
- Maristela Monteiro - Regional Advisor on Alcohol and Substance Abuse, Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO)
- Professor Neo Morojele - Professor and Acting HOD, Department of Psychology, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Professor Nazarius Tumwesigye - Associate Professor and Head of Department, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Makerere University School of Public Health, Uganda
- René Adams - Programme Manager, Substance Abuse Prevention and Drug Control Rehabilitation Division, Social Welfare Services Directorate, Ministry of Health and Social Services, Namibia
5. Question & Answer Session
For more information on the 'Drug Demand Reduction in Africa: Prevention, Treatment and Epidemiology' Virtual Conference, please visit Africa 2020