ISSDP will be holding a one-day, in-person meeting in Lisbon on Tuesday, November 22, 2022 prior to the 2022 Lisbon Addictions Conference featuring:
- Full day of drug policy and drug market research, including presentations by Peter Reuter (USA), Tim Rhodes (UK), Chris Wilkins (New Zealand), Marie Jauffret-Roustide (France), Bernd Werse (Germany), Alison Ritter (Australia), and more.
- Keynote speech by Sarah Larney, Associate Professor in the Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine at the Université de Montréal and Principal Scientist at the Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal. Her research focuses on the epidemiology of injecting drug use and related harms, and identifying avenues to reduce drug-related harms such as overdose, HIV and hepatitis C and bacterial infections. Sarah’s research has contributed to many policy reforms including expanding access to opioid agonist treatment in prison settings and the introduction of US Federal Bureau of Prisons guidelines on hepatitis c screening.
- Panel with policy makers on “What Policy Makers Need to Know”, featuring 1) Hanan Abramovici, Director at Health Canada, 2) João Castel-Branco Goulão, Portuguese National Drugs Coordinator, 3) Mr Alexis Goosdeel, Director of the EMCDDA , 4) Angela Me, Chief of the Research and Trend Analysis Branch, UNODC, 5) Christopher Jones, acting director of the US National Center for Injury Prevention and Control and former senior public health advisor to the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy.
- A panel discussion on drug policy courses (health, criminal justice programs, drug markets, and working professionals).
- Late breaking abstracts covering topics on drug markets, psychedelic policy, harm reduction, and innovative programs and research.
- Dinner with colleagues, the first ISSDP Excellence in Drug Policy Research, and this year’s Franz Trautmann Memorial Speaker, Stijn Hoorens (RAND Europe).