The theme of World Mental Health Day 2022 on 10th October is 'Make mental health and wellbeing for all a global priority'.
To celebrate this worldwide activation, ISSUP UK, ISSUP Indonesia and ISSUP Pakistan are pleased to present a Webinar discussing challenges in reaching vulnerable populations and individuals experiencing substance use and mental health problems.
A collaboration between three National Chapters, the webinar will highlight a range of challenges and responses from each country. We invite attendees to take part in the Q&A and welcome your questions and perspectives to enrich the discussion.
- Welcome & Introductions - Professor Carmel Clancy, ISSUP UK & Academic Dean of Faculty of Health Social Care & Education at Middlesex University
- ISSUP UK Presentation – Jon Bull, Manager of DECCA (Drug Education, Counselling and Confidential Advice)
- ISSUP Pakistan Presentation - Dr Shahnawaz M K Dal, Senior Psychiatrist, Hyderabad Pakistan
- ISSUP Indonesia Presentation - Dr Riza Sarasvita, Deputy of Rehabilitation, Indonesia National Narcotics Board (BNN)
- Question & Answer Session
Jon Bull has been the manager of DECCA (Drug Education, Counselling and Confidential Advice), based in Sandwell, in the West Midlands, a young person’s drug and alcohol service since 2008. He is also a British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) registered counsellor with experience of delivering targeted work and services to adults and young people. Jon is also a qualified Protective Behaviours (PB) trainer and holds a qualification in teaching and learning.
Dr. Shahnawaz M.K Dal M.B.B.S, D.P.M, Consultant Senior Psychiatrist, Epilepsy Mini-Fellowship, In collaboration with john Hopkins’s University U.S.A & Agha Khan University Karachi, Consultant Senior Psychiatrist Peoples Medical University Hospital Nawabshah/Shaheed Benazirabad, Specially Trained for Drug addiction Treatment & Rehabilitation by Federal Ministry of Narcotics Pakistan, W.H.O & U.N.O.D.C.
Dra. Riza Sarasvita, MSc, MHS, PhD, (Psych), Deputy of Rehabilitation, Indonesia National Narcotics Board (BNN)
Webinars and online events delivered and hosted by the International Society of Substance Use Professionals (ISSUP) are provided for informational purposes only. They are educational in nature and do not constitute medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.