Scotland's National Image and Performance Enhancing Drugs Conference will look at the range of substances involved, motivations and characteristics of users, the harms users encounter and possible service responses.
Image and performance enhancing drugs (IPEDs) are a significant challenge to services and public health – new user groups, new substances and new harms mean that services and public health experts may feel overwhelmed. The conference will hear from UK and Scottish experts and service providers and will seek to demystify what can seem daunting emerging drug scenes.
Topics to be covered include:
- The range of IPEDs used, user populations and motivations for use
- The epidemiology of IPED users attending injecting equipment provision services in Scotland
- Harms – presentations in clinical settings
- Regional pictures of evolving practice in Inverness, Aberdeen and Edinburgh
- Overcoming barriers to engagement and improving services