- Malaysia's goal is to ensure drug free families, schools, work places and communities
- The basis of the National Drug Policy is supply reduction and demand reduction
- There are two forms of treatment and rehabilitation programmes for drug addicts: i) Institutional one stop treatment centres and ii) non-institutional treatment within the community via supervision
- Treatment, for a specific length of time, is compulsory for drug addicts
- In treatment centres addicts receive physical rehabilitation built around discipline as well as emotional and psychological support
- Seminars are delivered, to increase awareness, knowledge, understanding and skills with regards to the dangers of drugs, to students, community leaders and youths
- Drug awareness is incorporated into the school curriculum and there is specialist teacher training.