Calling All Workplace Stakeholders!
Drug Free America Foundation cordially invites you to participate in this essential workplace live webinar Tuesday April 28, 2020 at 10:00 AM ET with the topic of The Three I's - Impairment, Intoxication, & Under the Influence: How to Identify These in the Workplace.
The webinar will focus on the manager/supervisor's role in identifying signs and symptoms that may reasonably be associated with impairment, intoxication or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol in the workplace. Observations made by the manager are the key component in a decision to conducting testing to determine if the employee is at work under the influence of drugs, including alcohol. Myths, facts, and best practices of reasonable suspicion drug/alcohol testing are explored. Reasonable suspicion testing is arguably the most important component of a Drug Free Workplace Program that seeks to deter and detect substance abuse in the workplace.
Participants in the webinar will be able to:
- Identify behavior, conduct, and physical indicators associated with drug and alcohol abuse/misuse in the workplace.
- Differentiate intoxication, impairment and under the influence.
- Understand reasonable suspicion testing as a tool for deterring and detecting employee drug/alcohol abuse/misuse.
- Distinguish myths from facts concerning reasonable suspicion testing.
- Identify best practices for conducting reasonable suspicion drug/alcohol testing in the workplace.
- Develop confidence in their ability to make sound decisions about when, why and how to use reasonable suspicion testing as a tool to achieve a drug free workplace.
Webinar Presenter: Dr. Donna Smith
As one of the principal authors and architects of the regulations for the U.S. military, federal employees, and U.S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol testing programs, Dr. Smith has over 30 years’ experience and expertise in regulatory compliance. She is a nationally recognized expert in the areas of Federal drug testing regulations, drug and alcohol testing procedures, drug and alcohol abuse awareness training for employees and managers, medical review officer (MRO) procedures, drug free workplace policy and procedures, and substance abuse prevention and rehabilitation. Since 1990 she has served on the faculties of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) for continuing medical education courses in drug and alcohol testing.
For more information, please contact Karen Belanger, kbelanger [at] dfaf [dot] org
Apr 28, 2020 10:00 AM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)