- There is a government unit responsible for the treatment of both drug and alcohol misuse
- There is only a government unit responsible for prevention of drug use
- There is a government budget for prevention and treatment of drug use but not alcohol
- Five pillars of action:
- drug supply reduction
- drug demand reduction
- alternative development
- civic awareness and response
- regional and international cooperation
- The Philippine government aim to continually monitor trends in treatment and rehabilitation to improve evidence based practice.
- Multidisciplinary teams work with individuals with SUD
- Therapeutic community approach
- Hazelden- Minnesota Model (addiction is a disease)
- Spiritual approach uses the bible as the primary source to implement change
- Eclectic approach applying holistic model in rehabilitation programme
- Dismantling laboratories, drug storage facilities and cannabis growing facilities
- Online training program to expand access to information about establishing drug-free workplaces.
- Seminars and educational sessions aimed at improving the knowledge of drug abuse among students.
- Training programmes to reduce demand
- Direct work with NGOs to develop seminars for teachers to educate about how to mentor students to pursue a drug free lifestyle.