The internship is located in the Conference Support Section (CSS), Organized Crime and Illicit Trafficking Branch (OCB), Division for Treaty Affairs (DTA), United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), Vienna, Austria. The position is for a period of 6 months starting in November/December 2020.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
The intern shall undertake the following duties which may include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct legal research on aspects related to organized crime, in particular on articles 5, 10, 11, 15, 20, 21,22, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 of the Organized Crime Convention, and contribute to the preparation of background documents, presentations and summaries
• Upload laws, case law and other documents to the SHERLOC knowledge management portal
• Assist in the review of legal documents on organized crime
• Assist in the preparation of inter-governmental meetings and conferences
• Attend and take notes at meetings
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the 8th of October.