Welcome to ISSUP Pakistan
We are now formally established and are operating as the National Chapter of ISSUP in Pakistan.
ISSUP Pakistan has been established to support and carry forward the evidence-based prevention, treatment and recovery practices and initiatives promoted by Global ISSUP and to share it with organizations and individuals working on drug demand reduction in Pakistan. The objectives of establishing ISSUP Pakistan are:
- To professionalize substance use prevention, treatment and recovery policy and practice in Pakistan;
- To establish the network of professionals, aspiring professionals, and organizations working in the field of drug demand reduction;
- To establish networks with international organizations to share knowledge and experience;
- To disseminate information to the professionals and organizations working in the field of substance use disorders;
- To conduct and support trainings, workshops, research and seminars to educate beginners and mid-career professionals in the field.
The host organisation for ISSUP Pakistan is Drug Free Pakistan Foundation (DFPF). DFPF is considered as one of the leading drug prevention, youth development, research & advocacy and women empowerment organizations in Pakistan. DFPF is a non-profit organization that promotes the creation of a peaceful and healthy environment. The organization supports a comprehensive policy for youth development, and prevention of drug addiction through education, research, advocacy, community awareness and capacity building.
Drug Free Pakistan Foundation (DFPF) was established in 2008 under the Societies Registration Act 1861 as a Non-Profit Organization with the aim to build a workforce of young emerging leaders capable of bringing about positive, sustainable, measurable and everlasting change in society. The aim and mission of DFPF is to empower, engage and mobilize educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and communities with fact-based information and awareness about consequences of drugs in order to equip them to make informed decisions to eliminate drug addiction. It seeks to provide quality treatment, rehabilitation and after-care services to drug addicts in Pakistan.