Abstract submission has now closed.
Poster Session: Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019 - 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- The latest date of submission will be March 31, 2019: Any abstracts received after this date will not be taken into consideration.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Always keep an original copy of your submitted abstract(s) and your electronic confirmation.
- The abstract should be no longer than 250 words.
- You may submit more than one abstract for consideration.
- Please submit your abstract here: https://www.issup.net/about-issup/workshops/vienna-2019/abstract-submission
Papers should cover aspects of substance use disorders or the actions of drugs of abuse and should present high quality and evidence-based research. They should contribute to our knowledge of the agents involved in substance use disorders, including their molecular biology, chemistry, pharmacological action, biological disposition, misuse potential, safety or clinical usefulness. Contributions concerning research on neurobiology, epidemiology, prevention, public health aspects, co-morbidities, new psychoactive substances, or management and treatment of drug dependence are also encouraged.
There are four categories of abstract submissions:
- Original Research
- Program Descriptions
- Literature Review
To be acceptable, abstracts in all categories must contain a concise statement of the research. Please follow a structured format, using the following bold titles to indicate the five parts of your abstract:
- Background: The problem under investigation or a hypothesis.
- Methods: The experimental methods used.
- Results: The essential results obtained written in summary form. Sufficient quantitative data and statistical tests must be presented to permit evaluation by reviewers (generalizations or statements such as "to be completed" are not acceptable).
- Conclusion: The findings supported by your results written in summary form (statements such as "the results will be discussed" are not acceptable). Number the conclusions, if multiple ones are presented.
- Please add “Supported by” statement (i.e. funding)
Original Research must include Methods and Results sections. These sections are optional for the other categories.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed, and time, space, and programmatic needs will be considered in decisions of acceptance or rejection, and in assignment to oral or poster sessions. First authors will receive e-mail notification of acceptance with the date and time of presentation. Abstracts will be available for viewing and downloading on this page before the meeting.
Please read the abstract guidelines and follow the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions will result in rejection of your abstract.
Poster Procedures and Guidelines
Preparing Your Poster
- Based on your approved abstract you may prepare a poster for a poster session at the conference.
- Panels are 150 cm height x 120 cm width, thus posters must be no larger than 140 cm height x 100 cm width in size (panels are vertical).
- Use large letters, centered at the top of the poster, to display abstract title, author names, and institution name.
- Briefly summarize your abstract into the following sections: Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- Emphasize graphics.
- Use handouts if you want to present more details.
- Include the presenter’s name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- All poster presentations must include a disclosure of any conflict of interest.
At the ISSUP International Research Poster Session
- Posters will be arranged by research topic (e.g. basic science, epidemiology, prevention, or treatment).
- The presenting author must be adjacent to his or her poster during the assigned portion of the session. All presenters will have ample time to view other posters presented during the same session. Note: Substitute presenters are not permitted without prior approval.
- Information about setup times will be posted on this page.
- Boards are push pin compatible. Display boards, push pins, and tape will be provided.