International Drug Abuse Research Society is an international scientific organisation that promotes and fosters the research and collaboration of scientists around the world in the area of substances of abuse and addiction.
The focus is to foster research in molecular, cellular and systems biology and includes neuropharmacological, neurobehavioral, neurochemical and neuroanatomical themes.
The purposes of IDARS are scientific, educational and charitable. We strive to promote excellence in:
- advancing the understanding of drug abuse, substance abuse and addictions, including the part they play in behaviours of humans and in animal models
- bringing together scientists of varying backgrounds and disciplines within the field of drug abuse research
- integrating drug abuse research directed at all levels of biological organisation and its translation to improvement in clinical prevention and treatment efforts
- promoting education in the addiction sciences
- informing the general public on the results and implications of current research in the addiction sciences
- promoting other activities that will contribute to the development of addiction sciences