National Chapters are concerned with delivering ISSUP's mission on a local level.
The benefits and impact of ISSUP are applicable in a National as well as a Global context. Global ISSUP will work with key organisations to develop and establish National ISSUP Chapters, to engage and communicate with members within their country.
This area of ISSUP’s development is in its infancy, and during the second half of 2016 work will focus upon developing a National Chapters strategy, engaging a staff member, and creating a legal framework. ISSUP is excited to extend its reach, knowledge and membership via localised chapters, sharing and learning from members on the ground in their countries.
Currently there are ISSUP National Chapters in Pakistan and Philippines. For more information on their work please visit their Facebook pages:
Work is also underway to establish a National Chapter in Kenya.
ISSUP National Chapters will:
- Include both prevention and treatment professionals
- Engage its members from all sectors within the field
- Share the vision, mission and aims of Global ISSUP
- Operate with good governance
- Promote evidence based practice
- Partner with the ISSUP family working together in its shared vision
- Follow the ISSUP brand, beliefs, ethics and standards
In order to become an ISSUP National Chapter, interested parties must engage and develop with Global ISSUP. If you would like to express your interest please contact info [at] issup [dot] net for more information.