The ISSUP Quality in Treatment Network and ISSUP Pakistan, in collaboration with MNC, UNODC and INL, are pleased to present their webinar on Quality Assurance (QA) of the Drug Treatment Services in Pakistan.
The webinar will bring together a panel of experts who will provide insights into the UNODC Drug Use Disorder Treatment Systems, Quality Assurance Toolkit, five standards, and lessons learnt in four provincial trainings conducted in Pakistan during March 2021 for drug use disorder treatment professionals.
The Ministry of Narcotics Control will be presenting the Government of Pakistan mandate and efforts to deal the issue. ISSUP Pakistan will present on how to plan interventions that address the subject of bringing quality in substance use treatment in line with the WHO/UNODC 2020 International Standards for the Treatment of Drug Use Disorders.
The following themes will be covered in the webinar:
- 5 system standards for QA of Drug treatment as per the UNODC Drug Use Disorder Treatment Systems, Quality Assurance Toolkit, and a summary of the key findings of the recent national and provincial System QA training in Pakistan.
- Ministry of Narcotics Control (GoP) vision and plans to improve the drug treatment systems in Pakistan.
- ISSUP Pakistan will be presenting steps and action plan to improve quality of the drug treatment systems in Pakistan through its members network.
1. Ms. Olha Myshakivska, National Chapters Coordinator ISSUP
2. Mr. Sabino Sikandar Jalal, Senior Joint Secretary, Ministry of Narcotics Control, Government of Pakistan
3. Dr. Jeremy Milsom, Country Representative, UNODC Pakistan
4. Ms. Cristian Martinez-LuSane, INL-Pakistan Program Officer, Counternarcotics, Corrections, Rule of Law
Ms. Annette Dale-Perera
Director of ADP Consultancy
Consultant, UNODC/WHO and Colombo Plan
Mr. Sabino Sikandar Jalal
Designation: Senior Joint Secretary
Ministry: Ministry of Narcotics Control, Government of Pakistan
Ms. Saima Asghar
Director, ISSUP Pakistan Chapter