About the Review
The Royal College of Psychiatrists is undertaking a review to develop a College position on:
- cannabis use in the UK and how this relates to mental health, incorporating evidence on the biological, psychological and social effects of cannabis;
- the use of medicinal cannabis in relation to mental illness.
About this Call for Evidence
We are asking those with expertise and personal experience of medicinal cannabis and cannabis for recreational use to contribute to its review by providing relevant evidence. Those who might wish to respond are:
- Academics with experience in these fields;
- patients/service users;
- carers and family members;
- members of staff in mental health services (NHS, independent, or voluntary);
- providers of mental health services (NHS, independent, or voluntary);
- charities or voluntary sector organisations with an interest in this area;
- individuals or organisations working in the criminal justice system;
- other relevant people, bodies or groups.
Responses will be used to inform our areas of inquiry and final reports.
Submit a response
To submit your response to this call for evidence please complete the below form and return it to policy [at] rcpsych [dot] ac [dot] uk by 5 pm on Monday 10th June 2019.