UK-based developer to add group networking functionality to an existing Drupal 8 website.
The International Society of Substance Use Professionals (ISSUP) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation that supports the professional development of a globally connected substance use prevention and treatment workforce.
ISSUP provides networking opportunities and offers a gateway to training, as well as serves as an online access point (www.issup.net) for information from the field of substance use prevention and treatment.
One of ISSUP’s main aims is to facilitate collaboration and communication between ISSUP members in physical and digital space. ISSUP members benefit from a diverse and global community that provides guidance, training, resources and opportunities to collaborate. Interactions between members can develop in various forms. ISSUP holds a unique annual event as well as coordinates National Chapters to build an international substance use prevention and treatment community able to meet, learn and share with one another.
In regard to collaboration in digital space, ISSUP’s website acts as a focal point to connect groups within the global substance use community. As an integral part of the ISSUP website, networks aim to encourage communication and sharing of knowledge between ISSUP members in a virtual setting. Networks allow health care professionals, researchers, practitioners and others working in the substance use prevention and treatment field to share research, success stories and information on best-practice with a defined interest group and like-minded professionals.
Each network will consist of a series of pages/tabs including the following:
- Introductory text
- A list of the members of the network
- An area for sharing files with other members
- Upcoming events of interest to members of the network
- A news feed consisting of:
- Items from the Knowledge Share that have been shared with the network
- Links to other web content that have been shared by members of the network
- Discussion topics initiated by members of the network
- Forum-style discussion (comments) on topics
Some networks can have additional content associated with them. We envisage there being three broad types of networks:
- Organised private groups: These are invitation-only and provide a collaboration space for identified groups of individuals.
- Self-organising interest groups: These are publicly browsable and provide a space for ISSUP members to share and discuss aspects of their work in demand reduction. Anyone can create or join one of these networks.
- Official networks for geographic regions: These serve to provide an introduction to the idea of networks. Members are automatically joined into the relevant network, but they can mute or leave at any time. Regional networks landing page will link through to the country profiles for that region.
ISSUP members will have a private news feed that presents them with posts from the networks they are members of. From here they can post to their networks. This also only shows once content that is shared to multiple networks.
We are looking for a UK-based contractor or agency to work with our in-house development team to add the Networks functionality to our existing Drupal 8 site (www.issup.net). The work will include developing the above outline into a full specification and feature design, (optionally) producing any required graphic design elements, writing Behat tests, and completing an agreed implementation plan using contributed modules and custom code.
- Must be UK based and able to attend meetings in the East Midlands
- Experience delivering composer-based Drupal 8 websites
- Experience of writing Behat tests for Drupal 8 websites
- Experience of building collaborative websites, ideally using Drupal 8 with the Groupsmodule, Open Social distribution, or similar
- Proposals should be submitted by 21st May 2018
- Implementation ready for testing by 1st September 2018
- Go-live date: 1st December 2018
To apply, please send a proposal detailing your suitability for the project, your action plan, a time frame for delivery and an indication of your consultancy cost to Jack Tonkin: jack [dot] tonkin [at] issup [dot] net by 21st May 2018. If you have any questions regarding the role or the organisation please do not hesitate to get in touch.