As the COVID-19 global crisis continues, it is vital that Opioid Treatment Programs (OTPs) remain stable sources of treatment for patients receiving support for opioid use disorders.
The American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (AAOTD) has written guidance designed to support opioid treatment services through the COVID-19 crisis.
The guidelines cover:
- Maintaining Adequate Supplies of Medications and Other Vital Materials
- Facility Infectious Disease Control Standards
- Protecting Your Workforce
- Protecting Your Patients
- Staff and Patient Testing
- Oral and Urine Drug Screening
- Staff Protections
- SAMHSA/SOTA/OTP Coordination
- Considerations for Take-Home Medication