This toolkit was developed based on WHO Capacity Building Training Package 4 entitled “Strengthening health systems for treating tobacco dependence in primary care”. Its target audience are primary care providers. It aims to serve as a quick reference guide to help primary care providers deliver brief tobacco interventions as part of their routine practice. The content of this toolkit includes:
- Tobacco use: a deadly habit;
- The unique role of the healthcare provider in tobacco control;
- Basics of tobacco use and tobacco dependence;
- The 5A’s model to help patients ready to quit;
- The 5R’s model to increase motivation to quit;
- The 5A’s to avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
|Toolkit for delivering the 5A’s and 5R’s brief tobacco interventions in primary care||196.07 KB|