This online course provides an overview of how community health workers (CHWs) can support their communities by providing appropriate mental health and psychosocial support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Explore the importance and relevance of applying Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) techniques during a public health emergency.
- Define Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) considerations in public health emergencies.
- Promote mental health literacy to combat stigma and discrimination.
- Provide basic psychosocial interventions.
- Refer individuals in need of specialized interventions.
- Apply basic self-care.