UNODC has developed Guidelines for the safe handling of substances and management of exposure risk for law enforcement and customs officers as part of the ‘safe handling’ series of technical guidelines and training materials. It is an evidence-based guidance document to support law enforcement and customs officers in the safe handling and management of dangerous/toxic substances and the associated safety and risk mitigation procedures.
The guidelines outline practical information and guidance that can be leveraged to help protect front-line officers from risk of exposure and prevent spread of COVID-19 while enabling them to carry out their operational duties with confidence.
Here you can find video guides on how to use personal safety equipment as well as information on:
- laboratory and scietific services
- crime scene investigation
- drugs and precursor field test kits
- security documentation examination
- safe handling and disposal of chemicals
- International collaborative exercises