ISSUP Kenya was officially launched during the opening ceremony of the NACADA, ISSUP and African Union Drug Demand Reduction Conference and Workshop in Nairobi on December 10, 2018.
Substance use and substance use disorders continue to be a major problem in Kenya. It became evident that there was a need for a collective effort to establish a community of professionals within Kenya who had access to the latest evidenced, ethical and quality practice methods, training opportunities and scientific research.
The key objectives of ISSUP Kenya are:
- To establish a focal point for professionals to share research, ideas and new practice methods.
- Develop global links with other professionals within the field of substance use prevention, treatment and recovery through ISSUP’s knowledge share platform.
- Professionalise the workforce through delivering high quality training on evidenced based practice.
- Organise and participate in events at both national and international level with the support of ISSUP.
- Practice as a non-political society.
Click here to read the latest updates about events and training opportunities, as well as news related to ISSUP Kenya.
On becoming a member of ISSUP Kenya, you will have access to the latest information regarding current trends on prevention, treatment and recovery throughout the country.
Click here to find out more and apply for membership!