The 31st annual Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine Annual Meeting and Scientific conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, October 24-27, 2019. #CSAM2019
Building Bridges through Shared Learning/Créer des connections grâce à l’apprentissage partagé is the theme, connecting research and evidence-based treatments with presentations about current knowledge and skills in addictions care in Canada.
The Annual CSAM Conference (October 24-26) will feature:
- Workshops on SMART Recovery, Pain & Addiction, ACT therapy, Buprenorphine prescribing and more
- Best practices in addictions care
- Keynote presentations by Dr John Kelly, Andre Picard, Dr Sherry Stewart and Dr Phil Tibbo
- New research findings on cannabis, the opioid epidemic, concurrent disorders and other current issues
- Innovative strategies to collaborate and connect to begin developing a community of practice for addictions in the Maritimes.
- 2 refreshment breaks and full lunch included each day
- Opening reception Thursday evening included
The Fundamentals Course (October 26-27) has been newly revised and expanded to 1 ½ days and will feature presentations on the screening, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of alcohol and substance use disorders.