ISSUP Lebanon are pleased to present their Webinar on the topic of Prevention and Treatment during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The current status of prevention of risky behaviors during the COVID-19 pandemic will be tackled, with a specific focus on the pandemic either being a threat or opportunity, and the target groups that have been impacted. In addition, we will outline the types of risky behaviors, related risks, and actions that can be taken and the parties that can fulfil them. By assessing the addiction field infrastructure, we will work towards evidence-based decisions, and create a framework for education and training prior, during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Outline the target groups that may have been affected by the COVID-19 restrictions
- Outline types of risky behaviors that call for the attention of addiction professionals
- Determine what steps need to be taken post the COVID-19 crisis in our target groups
Dr Roman Gabrhelik
Associate professor / Head of Research and Development, Department of Addictology
First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
As an Associate Professor at Charles University and a former U.S. NIDA H. H. Humphrey Fellow, Roman has considerable expertise in Prevention Science field, clinical, research and training experience in prevention, incl. crime prevention and addictions.
Roman has been extensively involved in the inter/national collaboration projects (mostly EC funded); served as a member of professional research boards and committees, including collaboration with, e.g., EMCDDA, UNODC, ISSUP, ICUDDR or with the Czech Governmental Office.
Besides the international activities, he serves as head of Research and Development; Guarantor of a Bachelor Academic Study Program in Addiction Science; Member of an Academic Board of the Doctoral Study Program in Addictology; Ph.D. Supervisor at the Department of Addictology, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University. His work is centered around Prevention Science research and education and Implementation Science in prevention of risk behaviors (mainly addictive behaviors and crime prevention). He has been directly involved in the development of the National System of School-based Prevention of Risk Behavior in the Czech Republic for nearly two decades. Recently, his interest is in utilizing data from national health registers. Further, he is involved in research and applications of eHealth and mHealth in the fields of prevention and treatment.
Systematic Approach to Prevention – Selected Activities
Roman is the author of the:
- National online system, called the Prevention Reporting System of School-based Interventions (electronic platform for systematic collection in prevention of risk behaviors); in operation since 2014.
- International on-line training Introduction to Evidence-based Prevention (now available in English, Czech, and soon in Portuguese and Spanish languages), 40 hours of e-training delivering up-to-date information in the field of prevention science; free of charge; supported by, e.g., ISSUP, ICUDDR, UNODC; https://mooc.cuni.cz/enrol/index.php?id=50 (since 2020)
Roman has been closely involved in the development and implementation of the:
- Czech Standards in Prevention of Risk Behaviors (since 2005)
- Czech Certification of Prevention Interventions (since 2005)
- European drug prevention quality standards (EDPQS)
- Czech Integrated System of School-based Prevention of Risk Behaviours
- Recommended Prevention School-based Curriculum (also called Basic Prevention Programme)
- Czech Quality and Effectiveness of the School-based Prevention of Risk Behaviour
- Czech Quality Standards of Professional Training and the Four-level Qualification and Professional Competency Model
|Roman Gabrhelik - Presentation Slides||4.71 MB|